Saturday 3 September 2016

TAY SOUND, BAFFIN ISLAND

TAY SOUND, BAFFIN ISLAND

The ship dropped anchor here this morning. It is a spectacular location surrounded by mountains. After breakfast, we dressed for our first and only fast boat excursion. There was very little in the way of wildlife or bird life here - Glaucous Gulls, Snow Geese, and one Lapland Longspur. Then I found out that yesterday, Ivory Gulls had been seen by the zodiacers and could have been seen from the ship. Of course, no notice was sent out for a bird - only for mammals so once again, I missed them.
I haven't been very lucky with my timing or sightings so far this trip. I've heard from Chantal and we are planning to meet in Pond Inlet tomorrow.
The plan for the rest of the day is walking on the Promenade Deck which had snow on it this morning, viewing the Gala Lunch Buffet and most probably giving in to temptation, Art Class, followed by dinner at Silk Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment