Friday 19 August 2016

A HORRIBLE NIGHT AND A DISAPPOINTING DAY

A HORRIBLE NIGHT AND A DISAPPOINTING DAY

Last evening began well as we ran into Phil and Hugh, our table mates, in the Saloon Bar where we each enjoyed our favourite cocktail, followed by dinner.
We were in bed less than an hour when I awoke feeling nauseous. I was so sick, that Norma called the ship's doctor. I don't remember ever being that ill before. At first he thought I had food poisoning but changed his diagnosis to the Norwalk-like Virus. Now we're both stuck in this tiny room for 24 hours in quarantine. The room is being sanitized as I write this. This entails removing all the bed clothes, towels, etc, and scrubbing down the whole room. We have no internet so I cannot let our private tour guide know that we cannot go on the birding tour I had arranged. I am bitterly disappointed. There is also a bird and wildlife viewing hour as we pull out of Dutch Harbour that I will miss. Usually Norma would be given a separate room while I am in quarantine but there are none available on the ship. Needless to say, she is not too pleased either. I am sure that I am not the only case on board. It has been kept quite quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment