Sunday 21 August 2016

RELEASED BACK INTO CIVILIZATION

RELEASED BACK INTO CIVILIZATION

To try to make up for Dutch Harbor on the Island of Unalaska being such a bust, Crystal has reimbursed us for the lost day. I am still afraid to eat so have been subsisting on crackers, dry bread, bananas, herbal tea, and Sprite. I think I have actually lost weight! We spent the day yesterday binge watching House of Cards, Season One. I also managed to see my first puffin from our verandah - a horned puffin.
This morning after breakfast, we joined the naturalist on the 12th deck while cruising the Bering Sea to see both light and dark phase Northern Fulmars. There are also flesh footed Shearwaters and a few sooty shearwaters. We hit the deck literally for an hour's walk. The weather despite the light rain, wasn't too bad - very little wind. Then it was time for Trivia where we are now a duo. We left without giving our score.
We are just about to head out for art class and plan a nap after that. Think we may stay in for dinner tonight. I just don't trust my stomach yet and we have another birdwatching trip planned for tomorrow in Nome and I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment